Welcome to Year 6!
Our class teachers are:
Mr Bowker (Thursday am)
Mrs Benn (Booster groups)
Please see our Curriculum Map for Autumn Term 2020, which outlines the exciting things that we will cover in Year 6. The curriculum has been updated for the new academic year and has many exciting cross-curricular links!
This is our Curriculum Map for the Spring Term.
- For Autumn term, homework will be TT Rockstars, Active Learn, Spellings and Reading.
- Spellings will be set on a Friday and assessed on the following Friday.
- Children will practise their spellings in class throughout the week but MUST also practise at home!
- Spellings will be sent to parents on school app in news folder for their year group and will also be posted onto Showbie.
Here is the Year 5/6 Spelling list from the National Curriculum:
- Reading continues to be important in Year 6 and hopefully by this stage children should be engaged with and excited by a range of books. Children get to choose a book that they can read both at school and at home.
- Ideally, children in Year 6 should be aiming to read for 30 minutes each day.
- In Year 6, children are expected to know ALL their times tables and need to ensure that they are practised every day.
- All children have a TT Rockstars account which they should used as a part of their homework.
- If your child has forgotten their login details, please get in touch and I can get it sorted for them.
- Year 6 will have their outdoor day on a MONDAY. Please ensure your child is wearing appropriate clothing and footwear to be working and learning within the outside environment.
- The children will have two hours of PE a week on THURSDAY and FRIDAY.
- All students should have full PE kit with both indoor and outdoor footwear in case they go outside.
- Earrings are strictly forbidden to be worn in PE and should be removed before school unless the child is competent taking them out and putting them in themselves.
- There is NO swimming this half term.
If you have any worries, questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to come in and speak to me.
'A little magic can take you a long way!' - Roald Dahl.