Holy Family Catholic Primary School.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CURRICULUM COMMITTEE
Quorum: 5 Governors
- To ensure that the National Curriculum is delivered and its assessment procedures are carried out in line with the legal framework
- To monitor and review the following school’s policies and development plan priorities and make amendments where necessary:
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Policy Statement
Collective Worship Policy
Human Relationships and Sex Education (HRSE) policy
Monitoring and evaluation policy
Support Staff appraisal
Complaints procedures statement
Staff Discipline, conduct and grievance policy
Single Central Record
Capability of staff policy
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) information report
Religious Education Policy
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) policy
Subject Curriculum Policies
- Work with Headteacher in order to monitor, review and evaluate the standards of achievement, seek to make continuing improvement and ensure that as far as is possible the needs of each individual child are met.
- To ensure that targets for pupil achievements are set and published as required by the legislation.
- To ensure that named governors for Religious Education, Special Education Needs, English and Mathematics are appointed as required and receive the necessary support and training in their roles.
- To liaise, consult with and provide information to parents and the community on matters relating to the curriculum as necessary including the Home-School Agreement.
- To be responsible for recruitment and appointment of staff in accordance with current legislation apart from H/T and D/H which is the responsibility of FGB.
- To ensure appraisals are carried out by team leaders on school staff.
- To review and carry out performance management of Headteacher.
- To hear and decide upon all grievances and complaints received by the Governing Body.